Spotify App on Mac and Android - how to create a login?

Bartons
Bartons
Community Member

Hi - I've added all my current browser access logins, but when it comes to apps like Spotify (on both my Mac and Android), I can't see how to add the logins (without a URL?).
Many thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4 Sierra + Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:spotify

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bartons,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! On a Mac, 1Password can interact with websites (i.e. saving Login items and filling sign-in forms) by using the 1Password browser extension, but other (non-browser) apps don't have extensions like web browsers do, so 1Password can't work with them in the same way.

As far as saving a Login item for a third party app on your Mac, there are a couple options. You could create a new Login directly in the main 1Password app, and just enter the title, username, and password (if it isn't a website account, you don't need to enter a website address). Or if the account you sign into in the app can also be used to sign into that app's website, you can save a Login item through your web browser like usual.

Either way, you won't be able to have 1Password fill your username and password into an app on your Mac, so you'll need to copy & paste your info from 1Password into the app. To make it a bit easier, you can use 1Password mini, which is the 1Password icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen. We have more information about that here: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

This works differently on Android than on Mac, and you can find steps to fill your username/password into Android apps here: Use the 1Password keyboard to fill in Chrome and apps on your Android device

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• Bartons
    Bartons
    Community Member

Very many thanks for the clarification Drew.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, I'm glad that was helpful! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.