Browser could not be verified error (Chrome)

Options
switters
switters
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I am getting the "browser could not be verified" error when attempting to use 1P extension in Chrome on Mac. I've already tried:

• Restrating Chrome
  • Restarting Mac
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling 1P extension

None of this helps. What's more, I'm having the issue on both my Macbook Pro and my iMac. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hey @switters,

Chrome has released an update yesterday which it usually downloads in the background and when you restart it will be updated. Perhaps this is affecting your computer and when you tried restarting, Chrome wasn't finished downloading the update.

Our verification check for Chrome fails if Chrome begins its update process, and the most common way of resolving it is to ensure Chrome has fully updated. To ensure this please:

1. Open Chrome, then copy this into the Chrome address bar and hit Enter:

chrome://help/

2. Chrome will display it's current version which should be 58.0.3029.96 and if not should offer you a button to update once the update download has completed.

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your instructions and my version of Mac Chrome is at the current version you specified, but I still get this error. What now?

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the instructions as discussed here and upgraded 1Password to 6.7 and that fixed the problem.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rlf,

Sorry I should have spotted that when you specified your version of 1Password for Mac. I'm glad you were able to find that solution!

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lmlang
    lmlang
    Community Member
    Options

Matthew: I am having a similar problem with Chrome. Not loading any data from my 1Password vault. The message I get is browser could not be verified. I am using the most recent versions of both chrome and 1Password and have also shut down and restarted my computer. Any other suggestions?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lmlang,

Sorry about the trouble here. Could you let me know which version of Chrome and 1Password you have?

Going to chrome://help as described earlier will show the version of Chrome and you can find the version of 1Password using the app itself. That should give me a good starting point to figuring this out.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lmlang
    lmlang
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Matthew. After I posted I was having trouble with the extension in Safari as well. Decided to delete the extension from both browsers and then reload. That solved the problem for both. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like reinstalling forced the extension to authenticate with 1Password so it could connect. We're here if you need anything! :)

This discussion has been closed.