Unable to apply my license after reformatting my Mac

jamescharles43
jamescharles43
Community Member

I had to re-format my MacBook Air. when I re-downloaded 1password it would not give me a chance to apply my license. It is not in trial mode and I can not edit my vault. I have a copy of my license, just have no option to put it in. I also found the email where it was sent to me and clicked on "Apply my license", it opens fine in 1password, but 1password remains in the uneducable "trial" mode.

1Password Version: 6.71
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to apply my license after a re-format of my computer

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jamescharles43,

I'm sorry you're having trouble activating the 1Password app after reformatting your Mac!

You said "It is not in trial mode" but you also said "1password remains in the uneducable "trial" mode" so I'd like to make sure I understand what you're seeing in 1Password on your Mac:

• Does the main 1Password app show you any messages about being in trial mode?
    • If you go to 1Password > License in the menu bar, does the window say you are licensed, or that you're in trial mode?
    • If you click on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar, does it show a message about being in trial mode?

Also, if you see any messages about being in trial mode, please let us know what they say. Once we know more about what you're seeing in 1Password, we should have a better idea of how to get this all sorted out. Thanks in advance! :)

• jamescharles43
    jamescharles43
    Community Member

Wow, I should have edited my comment before hitting "Post", I apologize.

Last night tried to re-install again and 1Password continued to say I was in trial mode, but when I restarted and opened it this morning everything was licensed fine. I do not remember the exact messages it was sending me, but if it does again I will take a screenshot so you will know exactly what it is doing.

For now everything is running well. The app is great, Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update, and the kind words! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.