When I purchase 1Password for Mac for $69, Am I getting Lifetime Updates?

lekaloko
lekaloko
Community Member

When I purchase 1Password for Mac for $69, Am I getting Lifetime Updates? or do I need to buy a new license every time?
Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:updates

Comments

• Hi @lekaloko - Great question! If you have a standalone license, we include incremental version updates. For example, if you have a standalone license for 1Password 6, updates for 6.1, 6.2, 6.3...etc are included. Upgrades are not included but with a 1Password membership, upgrades are included since it's built into the monthly pricing. I hope this helped clarify things a bit more for you :smile:

• lekaloko
    lekaloko
    Community Member

Excellent! Thanks so much Frank.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Frank you're very welcome! If you have more questions about 1Password, please let us know - we're always happy to help. Have a great weekend! :)

• martinmaitland
    martinmaitland
    Community Member

I found this post useful. So is it still safe for me to be using an older version? I bought Version 5 for Mac back in December 2014... Is it still ok that i use this? I notice now that I have upgraded to Version 6 it now says that I am in Read Only mode. Im not sure what this means either just yet.

Any comments or answers would be appreciated
    Thanks,

Martin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@martinmaitland: The Mac App Store won't recognize if you purchased 1Password from AgileBits. You'll need to install it from our website:

1Password downloads

"Read only mode" means you've installed 1Password from the Mac App Store using an Apple ID that hasn't purchased it there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• irliao
    irliao
    Community Member

Is there any way to use the 1Password 6 license file purchased from AgileBits store to redeem/enable 'Full Access' for the 1Password installed from Mac App Store? I am hoping to avoid having to spend another $60+ again just to enable 'Write' access for Mac App Store installed version.

Thank You,
    Ryan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Is there any way to use the 1Password 6 license file purchased from AgileBits store to redeem/enable 'Full Access' for the 1Password installed from Mac App Store?

@irliao: No. Apple does not honour 3rd party licenses.

I am hoping to avoid having to spend another $60+ again just to enable 'Write' access for Mac App Store installed version.

Why? If you've purchased a 1Password license from the AgileBits Store, you can just use that version. They're identical with regard to features.

This discussion has been closed.