where are 1Password preferences located?

GMP
GMP
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

Cant find preferences so that I can see why I am not being auto-filled with user name and password on certain websites. Sometimes it works on Firefox, sometimes on Safari, visa versa, or not at all.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: installed yesterday
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:where is preferences located?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GMP,

To find the 1Password preferences, you'll need to open & unlock the main 1Password app, then go to 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar.

Hopefully that helps, but if not, please let us know more details about the problem you're having using 1Password to fill sign-in forms on websites (for example, let us know the exact steps you take to have 1Password fill those forms, and what happens). Thanks! :)

• joethewrangler
    joethewrangler
    Community Member

I can't find the menu bar after I open the 1password app on my MacBook Air. Can you take me through step by step or better yet show me screen shots?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joethewrangler,

The menu bar is at the top of your screen, where you can choose 1Password > Preferences:

If you're still having trouble with filling, as Drew mentioned:

please let us know more details about the problem you're having using 1Password to fill sign-in forms on websites (for example, let us know the exact steps you take to have 1Password fill those forms, and what happens).

Those details and steps will help us understand what's not working properly so we can better suggest how you can fix it. Cheers! :)

• nginzler
    nginzler
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

I don't have 1Password in my menu bar. It just goes [apple] / Chrome / File / Edit / View / History / Bookmarks / People / Window / Help. How do I get it? I'm using Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 on an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013).

• nginzler
    nginzler
    Community Member

Never mind, I opened the actual app. I thought I was supposed to access it online. Sorry to bug you!

• @nginzler,

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.