Lack of features

Chris Upjohn
Chris Upjohn
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Android

Hi,

I have always been an iOS user and have always loved the 1Password app, However, I have switched to a Galaxy S8 and have some frustrations with the 1Password app for Android simply because of features that don't appear to exist for 1Password accounts (or all sync types) such as:

• Can't add one-time passwords
  • Can't add new/remove standard fields such as URL's
  • Can't add custom fields
  • No way to manage tags

I use these features daily when I'm not near my MacBook or Windows PC's and not having them is causing me some pain. That said; it could be that I'm simply missing something since I've never personally owned an Android device before but I've looked all over and can't find an explanation for these features not been available.

Thanks,
Chris

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

@Chris Upjohn: I'm in a similar boat. While Android is incredibly powerful and flexible, I find that some of its conventions are less intuitive. That said, this isn't a case of simply not knowing where to look. 1Password for iOS has some features that 1Password for Android doesn't yet, and we're working hard to add more with each update.

One-time password setup just uses custom fields, so one we add support for the latter we'll get the former "for free", and that will include other field types as well (websites, for example). This is something we'd very much like to add as it covers a lot of ground for item editing, but what we're working on right now is tags. We've added the ability for 1Password for Android to view tags in 1Password.com accounts in the latest release, and we're working on making it possible to edit them as well. I can't promise exactly when this will be ready, but it's something we're actively working on.

ref: OPA-1136, OPA-107

• Chris Upjohn
    Chris Upjohn
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to seeing these updates in the near future as I can't imagine my workflow without 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for taking the time to let us know the features you're looking for! I'm looking forward to future releases as well myself. And if you want, you can always join the beta to be among the first to get the latest stuff. Cheers! :)

• Chris Upjohn
    Chris Upjohn
    Community Member

I did have the beta installed but it was giving me some weird sync issues, I may jump back into it after the next release ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! And be sure to let us know if you run into any further trouble. :)

This discussion has been closed.