Secret key

Sabri2ilyas
Sabri2ilyas
Community Member

Hi guys plz i need your help i can't get access to my account.. i forget my secret key... What should i do?

Comments

• Hi @Sabri2ilyas. Have you signed into your account from your Android device? If so, unlock 1Password and tap Settings > 1Password accounts, and you can tap your account to view its details, including the Secret Key.

You can also try the other tips in this guide to find your Secret Key.

Let me know if that helps!

• Sabri2ilyas
    Sabri2ilyas
    Community Member

Thanks peri for hour help... There' is no way to get access to my compte... Because i need the secret key to sign in this is the problem

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Oh. We thought you meant that you were just having trouble signing in to your 1Password.com account, where you could get it from one of your authorized devices or Emergency Kit. If you've locked yourself out of your computer, that's not really something we can help with. :(

• Ian
    Ian
    Community Member

I also have lost my Secret Key (if I ever had one - I've been with iPassword since 2007). And I recently updated to the Family version of iP 6+, which does not provide a Registration Key number. I don't remember every getting an Emergency Kit. The Preferences/Accounts does not list any accounts and I can't add this one because I don't have a key... Am I chasing my tail?
    I sync using Dropbox, not iCloud - which was unreliable back when I started. Now I want to move two of my family licenses.
    Should I re-install 1P and transfer my data to iCloud? Can I add a Secret Key now? Advice would be appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ian: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have an Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com.

Since these were introduced last year, unless you'd made the switch since then, you'll have been using the standalone version of 1Password without an account, and these won't apply in your case. Instead, you can sync your data from another device (using Dropbox, it sounds like). Licenses are not transferrable, but you are entitled to use the version you purchased on all of your computers. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password membership, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll follow up there in case we need to discuss more details of your setup. Cheers! :)

ref: JDR-93714-798

• Ian
    Ian
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Thanks Brenty. I think that answers my question. I have a standalone Family license (below) which is all set up and functioning well. I wasn't aware I need a membership - I guess I didn't read the emails last year. My family haven't been using the accounts I sent them, so perhaps I'll just nag them until they do, then we'll apply for membership.

[screenshot with personal details removed by AgileBits staff]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Be sure to reply to my email once you're ready to get started setting things up so I can help you and your have a smooth migration. 1Password Families makes it much easier for everyone to use 1Password across all of their devices, so that may be just the nudge they need. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.