How to automatically fill master password in Chrome Extension

sandino
sandino
Community Member

Hi,

I would like when I start Chrome that the 1Password extension is automatically filled in with my master password so that I don't have to enter it manually every time I open my browser.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Vincent

I use 1password 6.7.1
I use Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)
I use Mac OS X Yosemite

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sandino,

Thanks for your question! It's not possible to have your master password automatically filled when you need to unlock 1Password. I don't think it's something we would consider adding, because that would extremely insecure. Also, your master password isn't stored in 1Password, so in order to have it automatically filled on the lock screen, your master password would need to be stored in another location on your Mac, and 1Password would need to retrieve it from there. It would be insecure to have your master password stored in an unprotected location. But if it was stored in a protected location that required a password, you'd need to enter that password when you wanted 1Password to retrieve your master password from there, which would defeat the purpose. ;)

Hopefully that answers your question, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.