I have two separate dropbox accounts

tgibbon
tgibbon
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Mac

With different user names and passwords I only can open one account irrespective of which login I use. Even if I try to open both at the same time, I just get a duplicate

1Password Version: 6.5.5
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: osx 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have two separate dropbox accounts with different user but irrespective of which auto login I use

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tgibbon,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble! I'm not sure I understand the exact problem you're describing, though. When you say you have two separate Dropbox accounts, do you mean you have two separate sets of login credentials (username & password) that you can use to sign into separate accounts on the dropbox.com website? Or do you perhaps mean you have two different 1Password sync files (.agilekeychain or .opvault) in the Dropbox folder on your Mac? Or maybe you have two different Login items for Dropbox stored in 1Password?

If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, we should have a much better idea of how to help. Thanks in advance! :)

• tgibbon
    tgibbon
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Yes I have two separate sets of log in credentials so that I can sign in to two separate dropbox accounts (Personal and Work) on the Dropbox website.
    I have two separate login items for the Dropbox accounts stored in 1Password, there is no similarity in the user names or passwords.
    When using 1Password to login to Dropbox that has the username [removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum] with the associated password it opens my Personal Dropbox, which is correct. If I log out of my personal Dropbox and use 1Password to log in to my Dropbox Work account which has the username [removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum] with the associated password (totally different to the Personal Dropbox password) it takes me to my Personal Dropbox account.

• tgibbon
    tgibbon
    Community Member

I've solved the problem by cancelling one off the Dropbox accounts. Sorry to have taken your time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not a problem! Glad to hear you were able to get that sorted out with Dropbox. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.