Have a new android phone. How do I access my license. Have a single user license.

claude_saunders
claude_saunders
Community Member

Have a new Android phone. Have installed Dropbox and 1Password. 1Password tells me I am on a trial license. I try to sign in however it wants my .1password.com address, and secret key. I have a single user license running on multiple devices and do not have a secret key or 1password.com address. How do i access my account on my new phone?.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Have a new android phone. How do I access my license. Have a single user license.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@claude_saunders: Android apps don't use licenses; rather, if you purchased the Pro Features upgrade, this is tied to your Google Account. You'll need to use the same one in order for the Google Play store to validate your purchase. In case you need you license for the desktop app, I've resent that via email. Just keep in mind that one won't work with the other.

If you purchased just the standalone app, you won't have a 1Password.com account (or a Secret Key) However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Otherwise, you can continue using the apps you paid for and sync your data using Dropbox. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• claude_saunders
    claude_saunders
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty. I have signed up for a 1Password.com account and have it working.

• I'm glad to hear that Brenty was able to help! Let us know if you need anything else!

• TrentWin
    TrentWin
    Community Member

Hi, I have just upgraded an Android device and can't login on the new device. I believe I have only purchased the app so can't find a sign in address or secret key and therefore am stuck. Can you please help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TrentWin: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• PFubert
    PFubert
    Community Member

Now I understand, my purchased "License", Version 4.6.620, is obsolete for purposes of using on my new Samsung S8. I must purchase an annual "subscription" if I want to get the "Secret Key" so that I can set up the 1Password App on my cell phone and update to an annual "subscription" on my Windows 10 PC, which runs 1Password just fine. Then 1Passord data on my PC will sync to my cell phone, automatically.
    Support at https://support.1password.com/why-account/ address 1Password membership, under the heading, "If you have a license for an earlier version of 1 Password". License/membership/subscription, why the fuss? I had hoped my date of purchase and version number would help me decide if I had to renew my existing license, buy a membership or buy a subscription. I've been hours dealing with a problem that should have been revealed by prompting me that I would need to purchase an updated version of 1Password so that I would have the "secret code" instead of the software key that I repeatedly attempted to enter, with and without hyphens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PFubert: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! It sounds like you're trying to enter a license key for the desktop version of 1Password, which is not the same as the Secret Key, which you'll only have with a 1Password.com account, and (unlike a license) is used to encrypt the data.

You can indeed continue using 1Password for Android without a 1Password.com membership though. The only requirement is that it will run on your device, and I think you should be good there. Just sync your data from your old phone (or computer) and you'll be good to go.

That said, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Either way, be sure to let us know if you have any questions. We're here for you. :)

ref: FSM-79235-587

This discussion has been closed.