1P asks me to update PWs every time I login to a site,...even if PW has not changed. HELP!

Options

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1P asks me to update PWs everytime I login to a site,...even if PW has not changed. HELP!

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bartstephens,

Sorry about the trouble with this, may I ask:

• Is this is only happening for one website or all your websites?
    • Could you let me know which website you see this with?

I can then try it out and see if I can observe the same issue.

Looking forward to hearing back,
    Matthew

• bartstephens
    bartstephens
    Community Member
    Options

A quick Survey:

Asked for Update:
    *discussion.agilebits.com

Did NOT ask for Update:
    *newyorktimes.com
    *wallstreetjournal.com
    *amazon.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bartstephens: Are you certain you have logins for these saved in 1Password and not in Chrome itself? The reason I ask is that I'm getting completely different results.

For example, when 1Password fills and submits my login credentials for discussion.agilebits.com, I'm not prompted to save them again. And when I tried to login at newyorktimes.com, 1Password is not able to fill or submit their "floating" login form at all, and when I copied, pasted, and submitted the form myself, I wasn't asked to save since the credentials were already in 1Password. However, I did find that 1Password was able to work normally at this page:

https://myaccount.nytimes.com/auth/login

Given that we're not able to reproduce what you're seeing and not receiving many similar reports, it seems likely that 1Password is trying to save these credentials for a reason. Hopefully we can establish what that is exactly. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.