Automatic login from bookmarks bar

Options

I have used the method of dragging a login to the bookmarks bar for years, before even some of your staff was aware that it could be done. I have an odd situation however. I have two Wordpress sites with admin logins. For one of them, having the bookmark with the onepasswdfill "just works".

For the other site, which as far as I know should be set up identically, I just set up such a bookmark. For the first dozen times or so after clicking on that bookmark I got the error message "Error: the password field is empty". Then while preparing this question, I tried it again, and now it works.

Any ideas why this error message would show up, but then after many retries, "fix itself"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jasimon9,

Sorry about the trouble you had with this. I tested 1-Click bookmarklets with 1Password for Mac 6.7.1 and 1Password Extension for Chrome 4.6.5.90 and wasn't able to reproduce this error message. Although I was testing with a Wordpress website.

"Error: the password field is empty"

It sounds like that this error is something specific to the website you tried this with where 1Password didn't fill on the website and then the website rejected the login. There is a known issue at the moment where the 1Password extension fails to fill occasionally. We have a fix for this which should make it into the next version of the extension. This sounds like what was happening in your case.

If this happens again, please open the JavaScript Console in your browser (see instructions for Chrome for how to do this) and check if you see the same error message from this post. If you do, then you're hitting the same issue I mentioned above and the workaround is currently to re-try a number of times. I'm sorry there isn't a more robust workaround at the moment :(

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.