Smart folder reacts dumb and forgets everything after saving

VladGhitulescu
VladGhitulescu
Community Member

Hello!

I'm using 1Password 6 (Version 6.7.1 (671001), AgileBits Store) on an iMac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and have a problem with the smart folders: every time I'm creating a new smart folder the results disappear as soon as I click on SAVE.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad

1Password Version: 6.71
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VladGhitulescu,

That sounds like a very strange problem, I'm sorry you're having trouble with Smart Folders! I haven't been able to reproduce that on my own Mac, though. Can you please let us know the specific steps you're taking, as well as any other details about what you do and what you see happen?

Also, once you click 'Save', a new Smart Folder should appear in the sidebar (under the 'Folders' section). Do you see the new Smart Folder there, and can you click on it to see the items it finds?

• VladGhitulescu
    VladGhitulescu
    Community Member

Hi, Drew!

I wouldn't even mind sending you a very short screenflow (as a Dropbox link) with this if you could give me your / an email-adress for it.

Regards,
    Vlad

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@VladGhitulescu: Not a bad idea. Just shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can take a look. Thanks in advance! :)

• VladGhitulescu
    VladGhitulescu
    Community Member

Hello again!

Here's the Support ID: [#HTD-36827-495]

Thanks!

Regards,
    Vlad

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Thanks, @VladGhitulescu! It looks like you sent 2 emails, but I don't see a Dropbox link in either one. Each email has a link to this forum discussion, so I'm guessing you may have copied the wrong link into your second email by mistake. Would you mind replying to the BitBot response again to include the link to your screenflow in Dropbox? (And thanks in advance for the screenflow, it should definitely help us understand what's happening on your end! :) )

ref: HTD-36827-495

• VladGhitulescu
    VladGhitulescu
    Community Member

Hi, Drew!

Oops! I've got the wrong link, you're right.

I'll sent you the right one immediately.

Regards,
    Vlad

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you so much @VladGhitulescu, that video was really helpful! I see exactly what's going wrong: After going to File > New Smart Folder and choosing Logins from the 'Search:' drop-down menu, you're entering text in the main "Search Primary Vault" field, which isn't involved in creating a Smart Folder.

Instead, you'll need to use the area above the main search field. Use the drop-down menus there to set the criteria/parameters, and enter text in the input field next to those menus. For example, if you wanted to create a Smart Folder to show all Login items that contain the word "google" in the title, you would set it up like this:

When you click the Save button, it will show the results that are found according to your Smart Folder settings (including the input field).

I hope that helps, and sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: HTD-36827-495

• VladGhitulescu
    VladGhitulescu
    Community Member

Hi, Drew!

You're right - that was it!

Thank you very much!

Until next time,
    Vlad

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @VladGhitulescu! I'm glad that helped. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.