When creating a new item let us select what Vault to put it into. Don't force the default Vault.

NeckBeardPrince
NeckBeardPrince
Community Member

I use 1Password for personal and for Teams, when i create a new login I would rather have to option to select what Vault to put it into rather than it defaulting to my personal Vault. Because it defaults to my personal I then have to Copy/Move it into the Vault I want for Teams.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NeckBeardPrince,

Thanks for writing in to ask about this! You can definitely choose another vault when saving a new Login item - just click on the drop-down vault list in the 'Save Login' dialog and choose a different one:

In case it helps, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to choose a vault in that dialog (⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, and so on) instead of clicking the drop-down list of vaults.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• NeckBeardPrince
    NeckBeardPrince
    Community Member

@Drew_AG You're right, I'm sorry I didn't do a very good job describing the issue. If you open the full 1Password App not the 1Password Mini. When you click the "+" button you get a list of options to pick from, your templates which we have a few custom ones. If I need to record a new Server or Database Password it will default to my personal vault. I would have to go to the top left and select the correct Vault I would want that item to go directly into. It would just be nice to have the option to select the Vault I want the item to go into while filling out the template.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NeckBeardPrince,

Ah, thank you for clarifying that! Do you happen to be in the 'All Vaults' view when you click the + button? If so, then yes, that will create the new item in whichever vault you've selected as the default (in Preferences > All Vaults > Vault for Saving). But if you choose an individual vault first and then create an item, it will be created in that vault. So you can still choose where your new item is saved - you just need to make that choice before clicking the + button.

It sounds like you want to see that choice after creating a new item, but I'm not sure that would really make things any easier (it would be the same steps but in a different order). But we definitely appreciate your feedback about that!

Have a great weekend! :)

• NeckBeardPrince
    NeckBeardPrince
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Yeah I have 'All Vaults' selected. Well it wouldn't have to be after I create a new item. When you hit the + you pick what template you want. It will then open that template for you to fill out, you have two items right below the top field that shows you the Account and the Vault the item is going into. If you could just make those selectable then at the time you're making the new item you can select where to put it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NeckBeardPrince: Ah, that's a great idea! I can't promise anything, but it's certainly something we can consider adding in a future version of 1Password. In the mean time, as Drew mentioned, viewing an individual vault will allow you to create items there directly. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: OPM-5053

This discussion has been closed.