icon in the shape of a GEAR is turning,reads: 1Password Auto sub Running What does it mean?

johnwcsr01
johnwcsr01
Community Member

At the top safari next to the 1Password icon an icon in the shape of a GEAR is turning, and reads: 1Password Auto sub Running What does it mean?

I’m concerned something bad may be happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:At the top safari next to the 1Password icon an icon in the shape of a GEAR is turning, and reads: 1Password Auto sub Running What does it mean? I’m concerned something bad may be happening?

Comments

• johnwcsr01
    johnwcsr01
    Community Member

what does this mean

1Password Version: Version 6.7 (670008)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OSx 10.10.5
    Sync Type: WLAN
    Referrer: forum-search:GEAR TURNING AT TOP OF SAFARI READS 1PASSWORD_Autosubmi... ????

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnwcsr01,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I noticed you posted about the same thing in two different threads, so I merged them together to avoid confusion.

The spinning gear is nothing to worry about - it's the autosubmit script included with the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It's a very simple script which simulates pressing the 'Enter' key after the 1Password extension fills a sign-in form on a website. But for some reason, the gear icon seems to get stuck spinning endlessly on some Macs. It won't cause any problems, although seeing a constantly-spinning icon like that can be annoying, and the autosubmit feature might not work correctly when that happens.

You can try these steps to see if it solves the problem:

1. Quit Safari, then open & unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then click on the Browsers tab.
    3. Un-check the setting for 'Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords', then close the Preferences window.
    4. Hold down the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini in the menu bar.
    5. Open and unlock the main 1Password app again, and go back to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.
    6. Click the 'Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords' option to re-enable it (there should now be a check mark in the box next to it).

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.