To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

account in app on phone does not synch with laptop

Options
gebrill
gebrill
Community Member

Had been using a version of 1pasword for Mac and recently got a paid subscription; I think I may have missed a step when setting up. I have tons of passwords stored in the version I have been using on my Mac. I went ahead and set up account on my phone and it knows who I am (I am using same master password for new paid account as I was for older free account). But my passwords aren't showing up on my phone. I now have two vaults on my laptop (once called personal and one called primary). My understanding is that a subscription would get me automatic synching. (I did try to synch manually via iCloud but that was a fail too..) Any advice you could provide is appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gebrill: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While a 1Password.com membership includes automatic sync, you'll need to make sure you have your data in the account first.

A Primary vault is stored only locally on your device, whereas a Personal/Private vault is part of a 1Password.com account. When you login to your account on 1Password.com in your browser, do you see all of your data there? It sounds like the answer is no. But if you do, ignore the rest and get back to me.

Otherwise, it sounds like things are good on your phone (though correct me if I've misunderstood), and you just need to move the data from the Primary (local) vault to the Personal (account) vault, and then disable local vaults (in Preferences > Advanced) to avoid further confusion. Let me know how it turns out!

• gebrill
    gebrill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty. I think it was the difference between the Primary and the Personal vaults that confused me. Now I have everything moved over and it's working great.

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you're welcome. :) Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.