1Password on multiple iOS devices

Options
uaplumber1
uaplumber1
Community Member

I purchased 1password on my iphone a while back and I am currently trying to add it to my wife's iPhone to share the same account. However, I can not find my secret key or the emergency kit. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Thomas

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@uaplumber1: Do you have a 1Password.com membership? If not, you won't have a Secret Key (which would also be contained in the Emergency Kit). If not, you may want to consider a 1Password.com subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

But while you could share an account, you may want to consider a 1Password Families membership instead, for a few reasons:

• You easily can share data securely between the two of you (and with the rest of your family), but you don't have to share everything.
    • You'll each be able to use all of the 1Password apps (not just the iOS version) and access your data across all of your devices without having to configure sync.
    • An Organizer (you, and anyone else you appoint) can recover the accounts of other members.
    • Five members are included, so you can add your other loved ones to give them the same benefits.

If, however, you just need 1Password for iOS and are okay with sharing things, the App Store will validate your purchase so long as you're logged into the correct Apple ID both when installing the app and restoring it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• uaplumber1
    uaplumber1
    Community Member
    Options

I did not purchase from the website. I purchased the app ($9.99) through the App Store on my iPhone. Is that an issue?

• Ben
    Options

Hey @uaplumber1

Correct; that cannot be shared. The best way to share with a family member would be via our 1Password Families service:

Families - 1Password

You can find information on migrating from your current single-user setup to 1Password Families here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• uaplumber1
    uaplumber1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick replies and your help.

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.