To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key Code

Options
Peanutski1
Peanutski1
Community Member

I have 1password on my cell phone only! Problem is it ended up in a pool today and I can not access my account online without this stupid secret key.

Phone no longer works and I will be getting a new one tomorrow. It is CRUCIAL I am able to get this onto my new phone and be able to access my vaults. My backup was not working apparently so I do NOT have this information stored anywhere else.

. I am in panic mode right now. I just can't even sleep.

Need help quick. Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Peanutski1: Since we don't ever have this information and therefore can't give it to you (your Secret Key is generated locally on your device when you setup your 1Password.com account), I can't guarantee that we can help with this. But there are a few avenues we can pursue that might prove fruitful:

1. Emergency Kit: This is a PDF you'd have saved from the 1Password.com website after creating your account, which would include your Secret Key.
    2. Another authorized device: If you'd signed in to your 1Password.com on another device (or web browser), you should be able to login there again without the Secret Key, and then you can access it there — for example, in the 1Password app under Settings/Preferences > Accounts.
    3. iCloud Keychain: You may have some of your 1Password.com account credentials saved there from your old iPhone. 1Password may find this simply by installing the app on the new phone.

The first two are much better options, so I'd start with those. But since I see you've also emailed us separately as well, I'll reply there shortly in case we need to dig into this further. Again, there isn't anything we can do to get you your Secret Key and/or restore access to your account, but there are some things you can try at least.

That said, don't do anything rash. While it may not be relevant with regard to 1Password, you may want to contact Apple and get help restoring from your device backup, otherwise you're losing a lot of other stuff.

ref: UKP-93889-819

This discussion has been closed.