I cannot update to the latest 1Password (6.7.x) using the App Store

benf1977
benf1977
Community Member

After checking for updates in the App Store application, I am not seeing anything newer than my installed version of 1Password, 6.6.4. Since I prefer to use Chrome for a browser, I am trying to update to 6.7+, which I can see is available for download directly from AgileBits. Do I need to upgrade to Sierra to get this update? Are more nefarious forces at play? I have restarted the App Store app -- have not restarted my computer but will try that later today... but perhaps this is a known behavior? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot update to the latest 1Password using the AppStore

Comments

• @benf1977,

The steps I've heard are helpful are signing out of App Store.app and then signing back in again. Reboot may or may not help clear the problem as the process on the system that the App Store.app talks to can get wedged on occasion.

Rudy

• benf1977
    benf1977
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy! In the end it was decided for me -- my computer crashed and when it rebooted, there was 6.7 waiting for me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear the update finally showed up, @benf1977! I guess the crash on your Mac was useful for something. :lol:

You should be all set, but if you need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.