how to remove a file from a folder

GretchenA
GretchenA
Community Member

how do I remove a file from a folder in 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to remove a file from a folder

Comments

• GretchenA
    GretchenA
    Community Member

How do I remove a file from a folder?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GretchenA,

To remove an item from a folder in 1Password, you can right-click on that item and choose 'Remove from Folder'.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• GretchenA
    GretchenA
    Community Member

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried right click but my file items do not seem to respond to right click. I just made a new folder and put my unwanted files in it. Can you tell me how to fix the right click problem and how to delete a folder without losing any files?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GretchenA,

Hmm, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to right-click on an item in 1Password. Are you by any chance trying to do that from 1Password mini / browser extension? If so, that's won't work - you'll need to do this in the main 1Password app. When you right-click on an item in the main 1Password app, you should see a context menu appear which will look something like this:

If nothing happens when you right-click on an item, try control-clicking on it instead (hold down the 'control' key and do a regular left-click). If that still won't work, does a right-click work on your Mac in general?

This discussion has been closed.