Getting 1password on new imac

remmydawg
remmydawg
Community Member

It's simple for all of you guys but-----I just bought a new imac(late 2015) and I have a current one here Late 2012) with 1password on it.I simply want to be able to get it back on my new computer the easiest way.Can anyone help?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

On your old Mac, are you using the stand-alone licence version of 1PW or have you moved over to the subscription? What you need to do will depend on the answer.

• remmydawg
    remmydawg
    Community Member

I have ver 6.7 from the app store--paid one time-it always updates .

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @remmydawg! If you bought the 1Password app from the Mac App Store, launch the Mac App Store on your new Mac and make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used when you originally paid for 1Password. Then go to the Purchased tab, find 1Password on the list, and click the Install button next to it.

The first time you open the 1Password app on the new Mac, you'll see the ‘Welcome’ screen. If you use iCloud to sync your 1Password data, click on ‘Sync using iCloud’ and then click the ‘Use Selected Vault’ button when it finds your vault in iCloud.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.