Vaults for Team Members

rmblood
rmblood
Community Member

I just set up a 1Password Team account for me and my assistant. It looks like it set up a Shared vault and a "Private" vault, as well as an additional vault with the name of my team member that doesn't appear in the Team vault list. I don't think I need the one with the team member's name. How can I delete that one?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:help managing team vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rmblood: I'm not sure what you're describing. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post any sensitive information, as this is a public forum.

Just to clarify, each team member will have their own Personal/Private vault and access to any you're sharing with them. You'll each also have your own Master Password and Secret Key for logging into your individual account. Let me know if that helps.

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Here's the screen shot you suggested.

The vault with the yellow arrow has my assistant's name on it. I'm thinking maybe I created it before I decided to subscribe to Teams. I don't think there's anything in it. It would be less confusing if I could just delete it if I don't need it for teams.

• Hi @rmblood - Thank you for the additional details and for the screenshot. I hope you don't mind that I masked your account details since this is public forum. The "Susan vault" is actually a local vault that you were most likely syncing with Dropbox or iCloud prior to signing up for a 1Password membership. If the vault is empty, you can delete it by following the steps below -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose "Susan" from the list. Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter the Master Password before the vault can be deleted.

Let us know if this helped and if you were able to delete the vault. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask, we're happy to assist :smile: Have a great day!

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

Thanks a bunch! I was able to successfully delete that vault. I appreciate your help.

• Anytime and I'm happy to hear everything worked out :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day!

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

Thanks!

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

I'd like to add one other question, if I may: When I added my team member, we set up a master password for her using some random words. After a couple of days, she came back with some words she preferred that would be easier for her to remember, so we went in and changed her master password on the web site per the instructions I found on the web. However, when she uses the Chrome or Safari extensions, or tries to open the desktop version of 1Password, it still wants her old password. I’m confused about why there are two different passwords. Do we need to also change the desktop password too? We just want 1Password for her to use everywhere. I’d appreciate any direction you can provide. Thanks.

• @rmblood Did she happen to use 1Password before she started using it as a part of your team? If so, she may have had a different Master Password in the past and that would still be the one that is set for the app to unlock, whether it's in the browser or main app window. If not, what version of 1Password is she using, and on what operating system?

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

No. I did the set up, but I probably did it wrong. I just installed 1Password on her computer a few days ago, so it would be the most recent version. She's on a Mac using Safari and Chrome.

• @rmblood Okay good to know. Let's get a bit more info on what the issue might be. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from her Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from a Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

I emailed the response at 11:10 p.m. MST on May 16th. The confirmation number is: [#NGM-33167-711] Thanks!

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmblood! Thanks for that; we've received the report and will follow up with you via email shortly :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.