macOS app doesn't sync items

Options
raphael_l
raphael_l
Community Member

No matter what I do, my mac app doesn't sync new content from my other devices.
I haven't used it in a few weeks and got a few new items. I'm on the latest 1P version, I'm on the latest macOS. I've tried quitting the app a few times, I locked and unlocked. I created and deleted items. No luck.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raphael_l,

I'm sorry changes from your other devices aren't syncing to that one Mac! In the main 1Password app on that Mac, please go to 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar, then click the Accounts tab. Does it show the same account you're using on your other devices?

If you sign into your account on 1Password.com, can you confirm you see the new items there?

Do you have multiple vaults in 1Password? If so, and if you normally use the All Vaults view, try switching to the specific vault that has the new items on one of your devices where those items appear. On the Mac that is missing those items, switch to that same vault. Are the items still missing from there? If you add a new item to that vault from the Mac in question, does it sync to that vault on your other devices?

• raphael_l
    raphael_l
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it its the same account.
    I signed in online, it shows all my items. It works on my 1Password app on my work Mac. It only doesn't sync on my home laptop.
    I only have the default vaults and have "All Vaults" selected.

(…) try switching to the specific vault that has the new items on one of your devices where those items appear. On the Mac that is missing those items, switch to that same vault. Are the items still missing from there?

I have to test this.

If you add a new item to that vault from the Mac in question, does it sync to that vault on your other devices?

Nope, it doesn't.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raphael_l,

Hmm, that's definitely strange, I don't know why it wouldn't be syncing correctly with your account.

The reason I mentioned switching to the specific vault that should have the items is because the All Vaults view can be customized to show only certain vaults. Switching to the specific vault helps to avoid confusion with that, and also avoids possible confusion about which vault actually contains those items. It sounds like that's probably not the problem here, but worth checking just in case.

If the problem isn't just confusion about vaults, you can try restarting 1Password mini on the Mac with the problem: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. If that doesn't help, try rebooting that Mac to see if it makes any difference.

Finally, if nothing else works, you can try resetting the 1Password app on that Mac and set it up again by signing into your account. This is assuming all vaults on that Mac are part of your account and that you don't also have a local "Primary" vault on that Mac. It's also assuming all your latest 1Password data is on your other devices and in your account on 1Password.com. To reset the app on the Mac with the problem:

1. Open the main 1Password app.
    2. Make sure 1Password is locked - if it isn't, lock it by clicking the padlock in the top right corner of the app window.
    3. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on-screen instructions.

The next time you launch 1Password, you'll see the 'Welcome' screen. Click on ‘1Password.com’ under "Used 1Password before?" and sign into your account. Once you've done that and your account data is downloaded, do you see the missing items?

This discussion has been closed.