Use iCloud as backup after using a regular account

javi5
javi5
Community Member

I created an account for 1 password and I want to go back to only using iCloud as backup instead of having an account with multiple vaults. Is there a way to do that? I can't find an option to sync with iCloud anymore.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @javi5,

I'm sorry to hear you don't want to continue using your 1Password.com account!

The reason you don’t see the Sync tab in 1Password > Preferences is because you don't need any sync settings for your 1Password.com account. The data in your account automatically syncs through our own servers, so you don't need to use iCloud or any other third party sync services. On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account in the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

There are many benefits to using a 1Password.com account, but if you would like to switch back to using 1Password for Mac as a standalone app and sync your data via iCloud, you can do that by following the steps here: How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

If you don't mind, can you please let us know why you don't want to use a 1Password.com account? If you're having any trouble with your account, we'd love the chance to help you with that. Or if there's something about it you simply don't like, your feedback might help us to make improvements in the future. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.