Does redownload and install destroy the data file? [resolved by reinstalling 1Password app]

jimmypepa
jimmypepa
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Mac

i received a msg. saying that 1password was damaged. rem,love the app and re download 1password from the app store.
i can still access the data from the menu icon. Does reinstalling the app destroy my data?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Does redownload destroy data file?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Hi @jimmypepa,

Thank you for writing in to ask about that! I'm sorry to hear you're getting that error message. That error is related to a certificate issue in the Mac App Store that can affect various apps (not just 1Password). You should be able to solve it by following the steps here: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

Don't worry, your data is safe! Even if you need to delete & reinstall the 1Password app, you won't lose any of your data because that's stored in another location on your Mac (and not in the app file itself). When deleting the app, just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools, as those can accidentally delete your data.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

ref: PWQ-69253-738

• jimmypepa
    jimmypepa
    Community Member

Worked Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear you're up and running again. If you need more help with 1Password or have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.