Why is it so complicated to reinstall 1Password on a MacBook Pro? Why not just the license key?

cezrac
cezrac
Community Member

Sync with iCloud? Sync using Dropbox? What? Just let me enter the damn license key. Ridiculous. What the hell is a sign in address for .1Password.com.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is it so complicated

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Can you describe your problem in more detail? It sounds like you were re-installing 1Password on your Mac. Did you sync your vault before? If so what cloud were you using?

• Hi @cezrac - If you're rocking a standalone license and you're trying to setup a new device with 1Password, let's give this a try -

Open 1Password, from the welcome screen, under "Already using 1Password" select either iCloud or Dropbox - the same sync source you were using before. You will then just have to enter your Master Password before the data syncs over.

I hope this helped. Sorry for the confusion. The "sign-in address", pertains to customers that have signed up for a 1Password membership. If you didn't sign up for a 1Password.com account, just select the sync source under "Already using 1Password" and you should be good to go. Let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help out :smile:

• cezrac
    cezrac
    Community Member

Sorry Frank but your answer doesn't help at all. You're basically telling me to do what I'm asking how to do. I had 1Password on this macbook pro but I had to replace the hard drive and everything (including apps) got wiped out. So now I'm trying to reinstall 1Password. I downloaded the app and I'm in the Welcome screen. Says "New to 1Password?" and has an option to start my trial. I'm not new, I've already bought a license. "Used 1Password before?" Um, yes. Has 4 options, 1. 1Password.com 2. Sync using iCloud 3. Sync using Dropbox 4. More options. I selected Sync using Dropbox because I have a Dropbox account. At no point does it give me an option to enter a "Master Password". Which by the way, I don't have because the email I got with my login details only says "Click here to apply your license" (doesn't give me the actual number. When I click Sync using dropbox it only gives me the option to choose a file that has .agilekeychain or .opvault in it. It don't. So again I say, needlessly complicated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cezrac,

I'm sorry for the confusion about all this! I see that you've also been in touch with us about this via email and are waiting to hear back again from someone about your latest messages. Someone will reply to you as soon as possible to help clear this all up, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there (and so you don't need to keep checking two different places for an answer). I'm sure we'll be able to get this all sorted out soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: MFM-83137-454

This discussion has been closed.