Why doesn't the update function work properly

Sdahnert
Sdahnert
Community Member

Here is my invitation to update and I followed the instructions to the "t" by downloading
1Password 6.7.1

I noted a significant delay to complete the download after the download bar looked 100% complete.

Following the installation steps, here is how far I got.

Where do you want me to go from here?
It is unbelievably frustrating how many software glitches 1Password finds for me,
so that I have stopped recommending it to my friends.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: family account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sdahnert: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It looks like you've been using a very outdated version which cannot automatically update to the latest. Please do the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash — do NOT use a "cleaner" app
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Download and install the current version

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, if you're having other "software glitches", please let us know what they are so we can help! Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.