How do I switch my Agile Keychain sync from Dropbox to iCloud?

The18thLetter
The18thLetter
Community Member

I'm currently using Dropbox to sync my Agile Keychain between my iMac, iPad, and iPhone. I'd like to switch it to iCloud. How do I do that? Also, I saw that switching to iCloud will also update the Keychain to OP Vault. Is that also accurate?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 6.7 (Mac App Store), iOS 6.5.4
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: macOS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox, but want to switch to iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:switch keychain from dropbox to icloud

Comments

• @The18thLetter,

You should be able to simply toggle the Sync setting in the Preferences window to be iCloud. Keep in mind though that when you do that you no longer have an agilekeychain file or an opvault file. The information is stored in CloudKit which has no file system level access (i.e. it won't show up in iCloud Drive).

Rudy

• The18thLetter
    The18thLetter
    Community Member

So if I want maintain access to the keychain, either stick with Dropbox or switch to a 1Password subscription, right?

• rudy
    edited May 2017

@The18thLetter,

The only sync methods that keep a folder/file are Folder Sync and Dropbox Sync.

• WLAN Sync is a direct database to mobile client sync.
    • iCloud sync stores the data in Apple's CloudKit which doesn't have a file system representation.
    • 1Password.com account subscription doesn't maintain or need an agilekeychain/opvault file either as it syncs directly from the local 1Password database to our sync servers.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.