1Password Extension Firefox 53

davidpbest
davidpbest
Community Member

I just upgraded to Firefox 53 (latest) on Mac OS X 10.12.5. 1Password is 6.6.1. The 1Password icon is present in Firefox, but when I click on it I get something I've never seen before. The pulldown that comes up is one box with two lines. The top line shows the name of the 1Password entry for that web address. It is not live - meaning there's nothing to click on to fill in the information on the web page. It's also proceeded with a locked padlock icon.

There doesn't seem to be a way to instruct 1Password from this dropdown to fill in the information. This UI is completely new and foreign to me. How can I get this to work?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

Are you clicking the 1Password icon on the right side of the browser? On the screenshot it looks like you have clicked Firefox' website information icon to the left of the address bar.

• @davidpbest,

Exactly what @pervel said.

Rudy

• davidpbest
    davidpbest
    Community Member

Yes, my error - the Firefox upgrade moved the icons to the right. Why do companies do this - it makes things very confusing. I was able to "customize" the menu/tool bar and move the 1password icon back over where it belongs. Sorry for the confusion.

• @davidpbest,

No problem, let us know if you run into any other problems.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.