Slow unlock time (1-2 minutes) in 6.7

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password VERY slow to unlock.

Comments

• blendedfruit
    blendedfruit
    Community Member

FWIW I am seeing a very similar problem. Unlock times are often in the range of 1-2 minutes.

Key stats: Using the MAS install, syncing .agilekeychain via Dropbox, running on 15" TouchBar MBP. Recently upgraded to 6.7. Problem persists after upgrade.

Fellow developer here; happy to catch logs or samples if that is helpful.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blendedfruit,

I'm sorry it's taking so long for 1Password to unlock! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on this specific issue.

Did the 6.7 update seem to make any difference at all, or is the problem the same as it was before? About how often does it take 1-2 minutes to unlock? When it doesn't take that long, is there still a significant delay when unlocking, or does it work as expected? Do you unlock it from 1Password mini / browser extension or from the main 1Password app? (And does the delay happen either way?) Does it help to reboot your Mac?

• blendedfruit
    blendedfruit
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Did the 6.7 update seem to make any difference at all, or is the problem the same as it was before?

No difference.

About how often does it take 1-2 minutes to unlock?

Almost always after reboot or if I haven't used 1P for a while (say 30 minutes or more).

When it doesn't take that long, is there still a significant delay when unlocking, or does it work as expected?

No, it's either essentially instant or horribly slow.

Do you unlock it from 1Password mini / browser extension or from the main 1Password app? (And does the delay happen either way?)

I mostly unlock through Chrome, but the same occurs via main 1P app.

Does it help to reboot your Mac?

No. It almost always happens on the first attempt to unlock after a reboot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blendedfruit: Thanks for confirming. It sounds like this isn't an issue with 6.7 then if it was happening before. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.