Update not showing in Mac App Store

This discussion was created from comments split from: I cannot update to the latest 1Password (6.7.x) using the App Store.

Comments

• pzriddle
    pzriddle
    Community Member

FWIW I have the same problem, and the suggested solution (signing out of App Store.app and signing back in) didn't work for me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pzriddle,

Sorry to hear you aren't seeing an update for 1Password in the Mac App Store! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on this specific issue.

Which version of 1Password do you currently have installed? Please double-check that by opening the main 1Password app and going to 1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar. Which version is displayed in that window?

Also, if you launch the Mac App Store and click on the Purchased tab, do you see 1Password in the list of purchased apps?

• pzriddle
    pzriddle
    Community Member

Thanks for looking into my problem!

Version info:
    1Password
    Version 6.6.3 (663005)
    Mac App Store

And yes, 1Password does appear in the "Purchased" tab in the App Store app.

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pzriddle: If the App Store isn't offering you an update, there are three likely causes:

• You actually have the AgileBits Store version of 1Password installed (it sounds like you've ruled this out)
    • You've installed 1Password using a different Apple ID than the one you're logged into
    • The app is simply damaged and the App Store cannot validate it to perform the update

In any of these cases, it's generally fairly simple to get around this issue:

1. Drag 1Password to the Trash (don't use a "cleaner" app!)
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Make sure you're logged into the Apple ID used to make the purchase
    4. Install 1Password from the Purchased tab in the App Store app

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• pzriddle
    pzriddle
    Community Member

Good news: a good night's sleep and one more reboot seem to have fixed the problem. I was able to upgrade to 6.7 today without deleting and reinstalling 1Password.

Thanks for your help, @brenty.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad that one more reboot solved the problem for you.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.