User-defined categories and sorting categories

ReinerKnudsen
ReinerKnudsen
Community Member

I am sure this must have been discussed already but I just can't find any entry:

Will we ever see user-defined categories?
Will we ever get the chance to hide categories we don't use?
I would love to be able to create my own categories.
Why is there no way to apply a custom sort order on categories?

Does anyone know?
Cheers, Reiner

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macosX Sierra 10.12.6 (b)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ReinerKnudsen,

Thanks for writing in with your questions!

Will we ever see user-defined categories?

We're currently testing this as a beta feature in 1Password Teams accounts with the Pro Plan. If all goes well, we'll hopefully be able to bring this feature to other types of 1Password.com accounts as well (although I don't have any timeframe for that).

Will we ever get the chance to hide categories we don't use?

Most item categories are hidden if they don't contain any items. But the four "primary" categories (Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities) are always shown, even if they're empty. This was done to help customers get started by showing the types of items that are most commonly stored in 1Password.

Why is there no way to apply a custom sort order on categories?

There are various sort options you can choose for the item list in each category. In the main 1Password app, right below the 'Search' field, click on the current sort order to see a list of the other sorting options. It's not currently possible to sort the item list by other criteria not listed there.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.