1password does not fill in login and password for alarm.com

I have over 100 logins in 1password that work perfectly. Any clue why my login & password do not fill in for "alarm.com"? Funny thing is that it works about 10% of the time, but 90% of the time it does not. I have deleted and remade the login in 1Password, removed and re-installed the Chrome plug-in, tested after a clean reboots, but none of this helped. It's not the end of the world, but curious why this one login is having issues.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: 1Password6

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@mtoomajian I have an alarm.com account myself, and I just tested it and it seems to be fine. I admittedly don't sign in here very often, but a quick test seems to show it working for me after a couple of sign in and out cycles. I notice you're on 1Password 6 for Windows while I am on Mac, but the Login filling logic and browser extension is the same across both, so I don't think that should be causing an issue…

Could you try creating a new Login in the main app and see if it behaves differently? A Login saved in the browser picks up some extra details and I'm wondering if this might be interfering somehow in your situation.

If you still have trouble, could you let us know in more detail how you're filling? For instance, are you using the keyboard shortcut or the mouse? Some small detail in your workflow could be the difference to reproducing, so it's helpful if we get as much specific detail as possible.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

Hi Jamie-

I deleted the login and recreated it manually in the main app, which only required me to enter a name for the login, my username, password and URL. Same issue.

Keyboard shortcut ctrl \ does not fill it in either.

I tried clicking on the website link from the main app, it open the site, but does not fill in the login or password.
    Same when using the Chrome extension, site opens fine, but does not fill.

It's so weird that this is the only login that seem to have this issue.

Thanks-
    Mark

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mtoomajian: Which version of Chrome are you using? I'd like to make sure we're at least testing this with the same setup.

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mtoomajian: Thank you! So this is what I'm doing:

1. Go to https://www.alarm.com
    2. Navigate to https://www.alarm.com/login.aspx
    3. Enter (fake) login credentials and submit the form
    4. Unlock 1Password to save the test login
    5. Press Ctrl \ to have 1Password fill and submit (repeated 10 times)
    6. Login failed (because the credentials are fake), but filling and submitting worked

If you try steps 2-5, does that work? Is there another URL I should be testing? Do you perhaps have other extensions which may be interfering? Are you seeing "?onepasswdfill=" in the URL when you open it from the main 1Password app? Let me know!

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

Hmm, the alarm.com login has started working again. I did nothing differently, except there were some Microsoft Updates that occurred. So put this on hold for now. Thanks for your help- Mark

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @mtoomajian. Glad it's working for you now. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.