To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New account doesn't sync properly

Options
Rick6236
Rick6236
Community Member

Hello, I just signed up for the trial version of 1password.com. I have also installed the app on my iPhone and my Mac. However, when I make a new entry on the website, it does not push down to my mac or my iPhone. And if I make a new entry on my Mac it does not update on the website. I am using the same vault and login credentials.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Mac 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rick6236,

I'm sorry those items aren't syncing to 1Password on your Mac or iPhone! Let's check some settings in 1Password on your Mac:

• Open and unlock the main 1Password app on your Mac.
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then click on the Accounts tab.
    • Is your account listed there?
    • In the Preferences window, do you see a Sync tab?

If you don't have any accounts listed on the Accounts tab, that means you haven't signed into your account in the 1Password app on your Mac, which would explain the problem. If you have a Sync tab in the Preferences, that also helps to explain the problem because that means you're using a local vault which isn't part of your 1Password.com account.

On the other hand, if you do see your account listed on the Accounts tab:

• Select your account on the Accounts tab and click on the website next to "Sign-In Address".
    • In the web page that opens in your browser, sign into your account.
    • Check the vault that should have the new items you created.
    • Do you see the items you created on the website, or the items you created on your Mac?

Please let us know what you find, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Rick6236
    Rick6236
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

On my Mac, there is NOT a sync tab. However, there ARE two accounts listed. One says trial version but it is not my correct security key. The second one however is my correct key. I am enclosing screen shots.

I followed your instructions for the signing on my mac and it did take me to my vault on the 1password website. None of the info from my Mac version of 1password is syncing with the website. Also, the info on my phone app also does not sync with my Mac, but does in fact sync with the website.

So as of now it appears that any changes I make on the Mac version of 1password do not sync with anything. Please let me know if you need any more information.

[Removed Screenshots by AgileBits]

• Frank
    Options

Hi Rick6236 - I appreciate the additional details you provided. I had to remove the screenshots you posted since they contained private account information. Let's move the conversation over to email so I can better assist you. At your earliest convenience, reply back to my email so we can work on this together. I look forward to hearing back from you. :smile:

ref: LVR-65587-924

This discussion has been closed.