1password does not find my safe on dropbox

Options
Euro
Euro
Community Member

I'm sorry for my english. I had to uninstall the 1password app on my iphone 7. I do not have a 1password subscription but I have always used the free version by saving my safe on the dropbox. I now reinstalled 1password and every time I try to search my safe on my dropbox account, I get the word "no safe found". I've always had a dropbox file called ".ws.agile.1Password.settings". And I think it's the backup file of my safe. Is still in my dropbox but 1password does not find me and I am now without my data !! what can I do?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@Euro: Dropbox is not a backup, but a sync service. And .ws.agile.1Password.settings is not a 1Password vault, it is a settings file with only a text string pointing to the vault's location. You'll need an OPVault or AgileKeychain vault, or a backup archive you've saved previously. Which version of 1Password have you been using, and where is your data? When you deleted 1Password on your iPhone, you also deleted its data, as with any iOS app. Let me know what you find!

• Euro
    Euro
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @brenty , I've always rescued my dropbox account. I had uninstalled 1password in the past and then I reinstalled it by retrieving my vault from my own dropbox account. I use the latest version of 1password (6.5.4) and also use the latest dropbox version (48.2).

I just searched through my dropbox files and found the Backup folder with zip files of my backups. How is it possible that 1password does not find them?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Euro: 1Password doesn't store backups in your Dropbox folder, so it won't look there unless you choose the option to restore from a backup and select it manually. 1Password saves backups in a subfolder of its support folder. And a backup archive is not a vault, as it contains all local vaults being used in the app. But you can go to File > Restore > Find Backup, select it there, and restore from it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.