Xiaomi Mi Mix - Android app not opening on screen

charlie70
charlie70
Community Member

Hi, I just got a Mi Mix and installed 1P App, registered and could access all my PWs. Once I close the app and re-open the screen flashes but the app screen does not appear. I can see that the app is launched when viewing all open apps.
Android version: 6.0.1 MXB48T
MIUI version: 8.2.2.0
1P version: 6.3b2
Any ideas? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3b2
Extension Version: 6.3b2
OS Version: Android 6.0.1 MXB48T
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @charlie70. Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like you're using an outdated version of 1Password which was released over a year ago. We had heard from other customers who were experiencing the App Not Responding error you're mentioning with that version, and it was fixed in the next update. Can you please launch the Play Store on your device and update to the latest version? That should do the trick!

• charlie70
    charlie70
    Community Member

Thats weird, because I dowloaded the most recent version from the play store... will uninstall and try again.

• That is weird indeed. I'm going off the information in your post above, which indicates you're using 6.3b2. The latest stable version in the Play Store is 6.5.2, and the latest beta is 6.5.3b1. So if you're able to update, please do and let me know how it goes! Thanks again!

• hellojz
    hellojz
    Community Member

Hello (tangent) - regarding certain (many) Chinese phones, access to the Google Play Store is prohibited natively (at least I cannot figure it out on my friends Huawei phone. I'm trying to install 1Password (have an existing family 1Password.com account) onto this phone however since it apparently cannot access the Google Play Store, I'm not sure what other options there are. One suggestion that came to me was to try install with an .apk file from this site

• Hi @hellojz. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading 1Password! Currently, 1Password is available exclusively through the Play Store We don't provide the APK installation file directly as 1Password requires Google Play services for some of its functionalities.

I am so sorry there isn't much we can do about it at the moment, but we will look into other distribution outlets for the future. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.