Help with multiple vaults/removing primary vault in 1password 6

mshonline
mshonline
Community Member

I could use some help figuring out how to deal with mulitple vaults since upgrading. My situation is that I first starting using 1password with a shared vault in a previous version. This vault was used by my company to manage social media logins and was synced across dropbox. This vault is currently the 1st vault listed and no longer needed.

I also have my own personal vault, which is the second vault listed.

Now I find that to access my own vault, I have to log into 1password with the master password for the company vault instead of being able to log into my own vault.

What I would like to do is remove the 1st vault the company vault, as I no longer need it. But the option to delete it is greyed out. I would like my personal vault to be the first and only vault listed.

Thanks for any assistance.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited May 2017

@mshonline,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to promote a secondary vault to become the primary vault. You'll want to go to the backup tab and make a backup of the current state of the app. Then export the data from your secondary vault to a 1pif file. Lastly you will lock 1Password and navigate to the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset All 1Password Data. This will reset 1Password so you can start over with your personal vault being the first one. When you go through the setup window you will want to pick create a standalone vault and supply the password you want to use. After this you should have an empty window, simply import the 1pif file you created when you exported your secondary vault and you should be all set.

Rudy

• mshonline
    mshonline
    Community Member

That worked. Thanks so much for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.