restoring icons on a mac

jinxbarkley
jinxbarkley
Community Member

At first I could see my login icons on my MAC but now I can't. There is something about extensions for MAC but I can't find a way to do the update. I can see one bank Icon, but no others

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:restoring icons on a mac

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jinxbarkley,

Sorry to hear you aren't seeing icons for your Login items! Is the problem happening in the main 1Password app, or 1Password mini / browser extension, or both?

Please open and unlock the main 1Password app, then go to the View menu. Is the "Show Rich Icons" option enabled (i.e. has a check mark next to it)? If not, you'll only see the generic Login icon for each Login item instead. Enable the "Show Rich Icons" option to solve that.

There is something about extensions for MAC but I can't find a way to do the update.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you please elaborate on what you're seeing, the steps you take, and what happens?

• jinxbarkley
    jinxbarkley
    Community Member

I've tried and tried but cannot get the 1password app to operate! Everything else works and I had all of the icons before, but cannot get them to reappear. I can see one bank logon. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is! I just cannot get to the 1password app in order to fix this. I've downloaded the app several times but the update keeps timing out!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jinxbarkley,

Do you mean you can't open the main 1Password app? If the main app isn't working, that's a much bigger problem than not seeing rich icons for your Logins. What happens when you try to launch the 1Password app? Please describe the exact steps you're taking to open it and what happens / what you see when you do that. If you see any error messages, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of that (just make sure it doesn't show any personal/private information). When replying, you can drag the screenshot into your message, or click the "Attach image" button above the comment field and select the file.

It will also help if you can let us know some details about your setup:

• What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac? (If you can't launch the app to find the version, go to the Applications folder and find the 1Password app file, click once on it, and go to File > Get Info. The info window will show the version number.)
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • Where is the problem with the icons happening - in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini / browser extension?
    • If the icons are missing in the 1Password browser extension, what version of the extension is installed in your browser?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • Are you also having trouble downloading, installing, and/or updating the 1Password app? If so, please let us know exactly what happens.

Once we understand what steps you're taking and what happens, we should have a much better idea of how to help you get things working again. Thanks in advance! :)

• jinxbarkley
    jinxbarkley
    Community Member

Drew_AG, I found out what I was doing wrong! I was using the site incorrectly! I downloaded the app and watched the tutorial and learned how to use the site correctly. Your input prompted me to properly use the site. I can now see the rich icons and everything else I need to see. Thanks again!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to figure it out and that things are working correctly now. Thanks for following up to let us know.

Hopefully you're all set, but if you need more help with 1Password, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.