Smart Folder showing items in Trash [resolved by creating a new Smart Folder]

Options
System
edited May 2017 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: removing item from smart folder.

Comments

• dunkoh
    dunkoh
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same problem where I have a smart folder that I use to find logins of a certain criteria, and in the process I am deleting some logins from the list because they are sites I don't have accounts on anymore - but the smart folder includes items from Trash, and I don't see any way to filter out trash using the search criteria.

• rudy
    Options

@dunkoh,

Smart Folders definitely shouldn't be displaying items from Trash... if you create a new smart folder with the same search criteria do you end up seeing those items still? what happens if you empty the trash?

Rudy

• dunkoh
    dunkoh
    Community Member
    Options

if I empty the trash they go away.
    Creating a new smart folder solved it - in the new one when I delete an item it disappears from the smart folder as expected. Likely because of the age of this smart folder or something.

• rudy
    Options

@dunkoh,

Do you happen to have the old smart folder around still? its settings might give some insight into why it might've been misbehaving.

Rudy

• dunkoh
    dunkoh
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted it, sorry, it was set with the same criteria as the new one. Guessing the underlying metadata might have been helpful though.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem, @dunkoh! We were just curious if there was something about the old Smart Folder which was noticeably different than the new one that would cause that to behave differently. As Rudy said, items in the Trash shouldn't be listed in Smart Folders, so if the old and new Smart Folders had all the same settings, my best guess is that there was a problem with the old Smart Folder (possibly due to an old bug).

If for any reason the new Smart Folder starts to show items from the Trash, please let us know so we can investigate further. But hopefully the problem was specific to that one Smart Folder and won't happen again. :)

This discussion has been closed.