Cannot Connect 1Password Chrome Extension to 1Password

Options
MikeC96
MikeC96
Community Member

Hello,

I am having trouble connecting my 1Password Chrome extension (Chrome version 58.0.3029.110 64-bit) to 1Password on my MacBook Pro.

I noticed earlier today that 1Password displayed the "Add Chrome Extension..." selection in the toolbar application, even though I already had the extension installed in Chrome.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, however the "Looking for the 1Password app" window that appears in Chrome does not open 1Password. Instead of opening 1Password, the 1Password icon in the toolbar just becomes highlighted. When the 1Password application is open in the background, the application suddenly closes when the "Looking for the 1Password app" window appears as well.

Any advice on what I should be doing? I do remember updating my Mac to 10.12.5 recently, so I'm curious if this issue is related to the update.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeC96,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension and app! First, please try restarting 1Password mini: Launch the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Also, quit and reopen Chrome. Now try the 1Password extension again - does it work this time? If not, please reboot your Mac. After it restarts, try the extension again to see if it makes a difference.

If it still won't work, can you please let us know a few more details about your setup:

• What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Chrome?
    • Do you happen to use the 1Password extension in any other browsers? If so, does it work in those browsers?
    • Do you use any antivirus, firewall, proxy, or other security software on your Mac? Or any other extensions in Chrome that might block certain connections?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.