Change sync type from Dropbox to iCloud

Options
Eden Bensal
Eden Bensal
Community Member

If I use drop box for sync should I change it according to the message you see in the attachment?

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Eden Bensal,

Shouldn't be necessary, no. Dropbox is retiring their old communication interface and replacing it with a new one. The only side effect you might see is if you had a really old authorization token saved. Currently 6.7 doesn't migrate that token properly so you can either wait for 6.7.1 which is in review now or simply turn off dropbox sync and then turn it back on again.

Rudy

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member
    Options

What do you mean in "The only side effect you might see is if you had a really old authorization token saved."?
    I'm using 1Password on my iPhone 7 & iPad mini 2 iOS 10.3.2 and on my MacBook air and Mac mini OS X El Capitan (up to date)

• rudy
    Options

@Eden Bensal,

If you went through the Dropbox authorization process for 1Password awhile ago it would have saved a persisting access token that was based on Dropbox's version 1 interface. Their new interface requires that those tokens be migrated to the version 2 interface. So if you've been using Dropbox sync for a substantial amount of time you would still have that really old format token saved. 6.7.1 Fixes the issue with token migration, so you should be fine to update to 1Password 6.7.1 on your iOS devices.

Rudy

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks you so much!!

• rudy
    Options

@Eden Bensal

:) :+1:

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.