Browser in browser ?!

solteron
solteron
Community Member

Dear Agilebits team

My company doesn't want I use my 1password prefered software on my business computer.
I understand this but my personnal 1password also store my pro passwords.

Is it possible to integrate a Browser in a 1password webpage to have the benefits of 1password ?
A bit weird, but I'm sure engineers on your side like this kind of weird question.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @solteron,

I'm not sure if I fully understand your suggestion, but if you have a 1Password.com account, you can access your data by signing into your account on 1Password.com in a web browser. That doesn't have the ability to fill logins, but you can copy/paste usernames and passwords into sign-in forms, and you wouldn't need to have the 1Password app or browser extension installed.

Does that help? If I misunderstood, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• solteron
    solteron
    Community Member

Hi Drew

I'm the lazy guy.
    I use a lot my web account but would like to find a way to have tha one click ability to fill a account/ password with my browser.
    An extension in the browser linked to web account and not software installed. Or something like this

Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@solteron: Ha! I hear you. Copy and paste isn't bad, but I definitely prefer to be able to have 1Password fill login credentials for me too! What you're suggesting isn't possible I'm afraid. One of the decisions we made long ago was to not have the browser extension store any data. This is good for security, as it eliminates a potential attack surface. But the flip side of that is the 1Password app is required, since it has the data. The extension simply cannot function without that, so really the only option if you're unable to install the app and extension is to use the 1Password.com web interface and copy and paste. Sorry I don't have better news for you, but feel free to shoot us an email at support@1password.com if there's anything we can do to help your company feel more comfortable with you using 1Password. Frankly, you using it for work stuff helps keep them more secure as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.