How to remove duplicate records from a vault?

Options
KG6BGJ
KG6BGJ
Community Member

Hello,

While moving records from my icloud vault to my shiny new 1password.com account... the app crashed. I went ahead a moved all records from the icloud vault to the 1password.com vault even though I knew it would duplicate ~400 records because I couldn't find a way to diff the two accounts and I wanted to be safe. I've since deleted the icloud vault and I'm successfully using the 1password account however I have numerous duplicate records. Is there a way to easily remove the dupes?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2 (14F89)
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Duplicates

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KG6BGJ

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulty you had migrating to an account. Unfortunately at present there isn't really a great way to find duplicate items on iOS. Do you have access to 1Password for Mac? We have a tool there that may help (Security Audit > Duplicate Passwords). Please note that this feature will show BOTH items that contain the same password, so you'll only want to delete one from the listing. When you do so, the other should disappear from the list, unless you have other items that share that password. In the latter case, you should consider changing them. ;)

Failing that I think going through the All Items list alphabetically and removing every other item (where appropriate) is likely your best bet.

As a side note I'd really love to see the crash log from when this crash occurred so that hopefully we can prevent this from happening to other customers in the future. Would you be willing to send that to us? If so please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78889/
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Thanks!

Ben

• KG6BGJ
    KG6BGJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Would love to provide you the data, but I went iOS only when the iPad Pro came out.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. In that case, if you'd like, you can follow the directions under "Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available." That should allow you to send us the report from the iPad directly.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.