Backup files while using 1PW cloud service [conversation continued through email]

Options
jkav
jkav
Community Member
edited May 2017 in Mac

I am currently enrolled in 1PW cloud. There used be an option in the 1PW app for Mac that allowed me to make a manual backup file and store it on a hard disk. I see that option is no longer available. Why?

Also, what is "travel mode" and why I haven't been notified about it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Backup files

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jkav,

Thanks for writing in with your questions! It sounds like you're using a 1Password.com account - if so, you won't see the Backup options because your account data is automatically backed up on our servers. That's good because even if your Mac (or other local backup equipment) is lost, stolen, or damaged, you'll still be able to restore your 1Password data on another device by signing into your account.

Your 1Password data is also stored locally on your Mac, so if you're backing up your Mac, that means you're also backing up your 1Password data.

Also, what is "travel mode" and why I haven't been notified about it?

Travel Mode is a brand new feature we just added to 1Password.com accounts, and it lets you temporarily remove select vaults from your devices. So for example, if you’re stopped for inspection while traveling, and you've enabled Travel Mode in your account settings, the only vaults on your devices will be the ones you’ve marked as safe for travel.

We posted an article about the new Travel Mode feature on our blog: Introducing Travel Mode: Protect your data when crossing borders

You can find more information on how to use Travel Mode on our support site: Use Travel Mode to safeguard your data

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• jkav
    jkav
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG, I sent you guys an email last night. Any chance we can continue this discussion over email?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jkav,

I found your email and it looks like Oliver replied to you, and you're waiting to hear back again about your latest response. He'll reply as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. I'm sure we'll be able to get this all sorted out soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: AWD-67594-514

• jkav
    jkav
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG thanks guys! appreciate it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.