no logins on IOS extension, lots in OSX

Options
tonyros
tonyros
Community Member

I have dozens of logins on My Password (OSX) very long time user. Using the extension on iPad only get credit cards and ids. Do I have to fill in the Logins all over again? I really have hundreds!

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4 and IOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:no logins on iOS extension, lots in OSX

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tonyros,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Just to clarify: You're using 1Password, not My Password, right? :)
    Do your Login items have a website field that is populated with the URL to the login page for the site that they are for? And are you viewing that page when activating the extension?

The extension will only show logins that have a matching website field for the URL you're currently viewing. This is an anti-phishing measure, to prevent things like filling your paypal.com credentials on paypai.com

Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• tonyros
    tonyros
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    Thanks for your message. This doesn't seem to be what I have. When I Use the 'Share' arrow in iOS and select 1Password it brings up Logins for all my Credit cards but not for the sites I am visiting. Is it possible that the site operator puts up a "Mobile" specific web site that differs from the one I use on my Mac? If so does this mean that I have to create a second entry for any sites I might want to visit from an iOS device?

• Ben
    Options

@tonyros,

This is happening for every website? Or just one? If it were just one I might suspect what you mentioned -- a different URL for mobile than desktop (in which case you could add the mobile URL to a website field for the login item for that site and be able to access it from both mobile and desktop). If it is happening for every site you visit then that isn't the case. I have thousands of logins and I can't say I've ever run into the latter situation.

Ben

• tonyros
    tonyros
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben
    I will try to gather more precise information and then let you know.
    Tony

• Ben
    Options

Thanks Tony. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.