App icon disappeared from my screen 05/24. I can't open from app list. [1Password is rated 17+]

smuhlfeld
smuhlfeld
Community Member
edited June 2017 in iOS

On 5/24, around the same time as your update, the 1 pw app icon disappeared from my screen. When I search my apps, it it still in the list and has not been accidently deleted, however, the OPEN button is grayed out and can't be activated. I can't open the app and therefore can't access my account information. At the same time, I am not sure of all the account information I signed up with. When I tried to sign in for this forum, it did not recognize what I thought was my email and pw, so I registered new/again. How can I recover my 1password account. I'm lost without it. Please help!

AgileBits Update: We were recently given an impossible choice: remove 1Browser, or make the app 17+. The decision, for now, while we investigate other possibilities, was to make the app 17+. This means anyone who has parental controls turned on for their device will be unable to see the app. Information on Apple's parental controls can be found here:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Comments

• @smuhlfeld,

What happens if you set your age restrictions OS setting to 17+?

Rudy

• smuhlfeld
    smuhlfeld
    Community Member

That was it! Thanks so much Rudy!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• blutophia
    blutophia
    Community Member

If this is a program for families could you please address this issue. As the app stands now it would require families to all have their phones unrestricted. This restriction feature is a wonderful tool for families and individuals that don't want to be subject to the unrestricted apps of the App Store.

An app without the internal browser would address this issue right? I personally seldom use the 1browser part of the app anyway.

Please let us that have been kicked out of 1Password due to this "feature" know when you will let us back into our password storage. I am regretfully on a search for something different but will gladly quit searching if this issue is addressed promptly

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2017

Hi @blutophia

We were given an impossible choice:

1. Remove 1Browser from the app; a huge development effort that would upset a large customer base who use it
    2. or make the app 17+, making it more difficult for families with younger children to use

I'll certainly pass your feedback along to our development team but at least for the short term the decision is the latter. If Apple becomes more flexible on this policy or gives us another option here we'll re-evaluate.

This wasn't a decision we made lightly, and we aren't happy to have had to make it at all.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.