Feature request: Notification center widget

Options
blee4
blee4
Community Member

I'd like to put in a feature request for a widget in the notification center for OS X. Currently there is the menubar icon to quickly access 1Password while that's great. Menubar icons lose out to application menus so if the application that is active needs more room menubar icons get kicked off. The notification center is a great place for 1Password mini, you could even have one dedicated to one use passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@blee4: What would the purpose of the Notification Center widget be? Do you mean just duplicate the functionality of 1Password mini? If so, it's something we can consider, but it would be much less flexible, having to live in Notification Center like that. A lot of folks appreciate having it available pretty much anywhere (⌥ ⌘ \ is your friend, and anchoring the window is really nice too), and it seems like adding the same (or similar) functionality to Notification Center as well would involve more work for questionable benefit. But maybe you had something completely different in mind. Let me know! :)

• blee4
    blee4
    Community Member
    Options

I was thinking single use passwords (similar to the Apple Watch 1Password app) but also quick search. Right now I have about 7 or more single use passwords for various services that I constantly have to navigate 1Password Mini app and drill down 3 menus Favorites > Favorites List > Service (hover) > Click copy (to get the single use password).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blee4: Ah, I see. By "single user passwords" do you mean TOTP codes for two-factor/two-step logins? Since those are very situational I'd really hate to have all of mine cluttering up Notification Center since I don't need them most of the time when I open that, but you may be interested in something we've got in the beta version of 1Password for Mac currently: automatic TOTP copy. I can't promise if or when this will be available in a stable release, but you're free to try the beta version in the mean time if you'd like to have 1Password automatically copy the TOTP code to the clipboard after filling a login. Cheers! :)

• blee4
    blee4
    Community Member
    Options

Sure I'll try the beta. Can I just replace it with the stable release if I don't like it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blee4: Yep! It's easy to opt-in to the beta, and if you opt-out again, you'll stay on the next stable release once it's available. Or you can revert to the current stable version. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.