Is there possible that unlock 1pass by iphone's touchid on mac ?

Options
sunkeysun
sunkeysun
Community Member

I think it is bother to input master password every time on mac. Is there a way to unlock 1password use iphone's touchid like macid ? I think this feature is very useful for us.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sunkeysun,

Thanks for posting. This feature request comes up a fair amount. Now that the Mac has Touch ID I think it's only a matter of time before all models include the sensor. I think that that's the best approach to solving the problem.

I understand that this doesn't help people today who don't have Touch ID equipped Macs. We've looked into ways of accomplishing this from iPhone -> Mac. Some of the problems that we've run into we've found solutions for but there's still some that we don't have solutions for. There are some pretty big road-blocks there. I don't know that we're going to be able to overcome them.

Rick

• sunkeysun
    sunkeysun
    Community Member
    Options

We have been looking forward to looking forward to hearing your good news. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rick, you're quite welcome! I'm glad his information was helpful for you - and sorry it wasn't the answer you were hoping for. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else! :)

• sunkeysun
    sunkeysun
    Community Member
    Options

Haha, I have found a way that unlock mac 1password use iphone, just send 1password password from iphone to mac clipboard through macid, and paste password in 1password input. It works will. I just worry about the safety of macid. Do you have any advice for this?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sunkeysun,

We don't make MacID, so if you have questions about how safe it is to use it to copy text between your iPhone and Mac, you should definitely contact the MacID developers to ask them.

As far as 1Password goes, keep in mind that part of what makes 1Password so secure is that your master password isn't stored anywhere except your head. Therefore, we recommend that you don't store it in another app. In theory, if someone was able to steal your master password from that app, they might be able to unlock your 1Password data.

This discussion has been closed.