1P won't fill in expiry year when autofilling credit card details in a Klarna checkout flow

Context; Many online stores in Sweden use Klarna Checkout for payments. It works well with autofilling the details from 1Password, except the credit card expiry year.

To reproduce;
Visit the Klarna demo store https://www.klarnacheckout.com/home/?from_splash=1&start_tour=0
Add item to cart
Go to checkout ("Gå till kassan")
Fill in post code and email ("11211" and anything)

Click "Vill du inte ange ditt personnummer?"
Click "Fortsätt utan"
Type address details (anything, use 0704373647 or similar for phone no)
Click "Slutför köp"

You will see the screen above. Try autofilling a credit card, the expiry year will fail. Is there a way to make 1Password autofill correctly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:won't fill in all details of the credit card

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mellbratt,

Thank you very much for reporting this and for providing all the steps to reproduce. I've been able to reproduce this so I've created a bug for this in our bug reporting system.

Unfortunately I can't really offer a workaround :( Credit Card items in 1Password can't be tweaked by the user to fill better into a particular web page like a Login item can. We are more restrictive here because Credit Card items need to work with a lot more web pages. We will investigate this when we have time and hopefully will improve 1Password's ability to fill on Klarna Checkout.

Thanks again for reporting this, if you find any further issues with 1Password please do let us know!

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BRAIN-377

• mellbratt
    mellbratt
    Community Member

Thanks Matthew,

I see the same behaviour for Stripe Checkout actually, as used on e.g. Patreon.com.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mellbratt,

We've discovered that the issue is that 1Password isn't aware that "ÅÅ" is used as the Year in Swedish payment forms which seems to be what's throwing 1Password off most of the payment forms in Swedish. We have noted this in our bug so we'll be able to ensure we cover this when we fix it for Klarna and will certainly test the Stripe checkout after the fix is applied.

Thanks again :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mellbratt
    mellbratt
    Community Member

Ok, thanks!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Sajjon
    Sajjon
    Community Member

@matthew_ag @mellbratt I am also Swedish, loving 1Password, I could not live without it.

I too have experienced lots of problems with expiration Year on many webshops, e.g. www.dustin.se

Seems like this could be a pretty quick fix for you awesome developers at AgileBits? I would really appreciate this bug getting fixed ❤️

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@Sajjon We do have a fix for this in place. It's a modest step but it should help in a lot of the most common situations. We hope to have it deployed to 1Password for Mac and Windows soon.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Sajjon
    Sajjon
    Community Member

@jxpx777 great to hear, looking forward to it! LOVE your product, could not live without it

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for the kind words, @sajjon!

• iwazaru
    iwazaru
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue with Stripe Checkout and Elements payment form. Expiry year won't fill up.

It can be tested here: https://stripe.com/docs/checkout

I'm using a Stripe test card here but I have the same issue with my real cards on any website using Stripe.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iwazaru,

Can you let us know what version of our extension and 1Password you have please. A quick test using that URL (many thanks btw) and all the fields filled as I would hope they would. It might be looking at a subtle bug rather than a simple one. The first step will be to see if it's somehow connected to versions/platform.

• iwazaru
    iwazaru
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables ,

I'm using:

1password 6.8.4 (from the Mac App Store)
    1password chrome extension 4.6.12.90
    Chrome 62.0.3202.94
    macOS 10.12.6

Hope this helps!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @iwazaru,

I had hoped maybe we were testing something different but this is almost the exact same setup as I use. We are our own guinea pigs for code changes so my initial test was with a beta but there weren't any code changes I could think of that would account for a difference in behaviour. I switch back to the Mac App Store version as I too own it and the results were consistent with my previous test.

To see if we can pin this down at all can you create a new test Credit Card item for me please with all the default fields containing dummy (but where possible valid) data and see if this item fills any differently. If you see the same behaviour can you show us the values you used in this test item as maybe there is something very weird going on and you've somehow hit an edge case. I'm grasping but only because at the moment I can't offer a reasonable explanation as to why we would see different results.

• iwazaru
    iwazaru
    Community Member

I've just tried with another Stripe test card number and having the same result :/

• @iwazaru: It just so happens I have a Mac with 100% the exact same setup as you. Like @littlebobbytables, I saw everything filling fine and tried the only variable remaining -- switching my system language to French. Sure enough, in French it fails precisely as you describe. I'll leave the why of it to the development team, but I wanted to let you know we were able to reproduce this and are investigating the cause. Thanks for letting us know and sticking with us while we hunted it down. Much appreciated. :chuffed:

• iwazaru
    iwazaru
    Community Member

@bundtkate I hadn't thought of the locale parameter. "Bien joué" as we say in french!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Kate FTW! :)

• iwazaru
    iwazaru
    Community Member

Just wanna add that I'm noticing the same behavior with the Paypal payment form (here with Stripe test card, but the same happens with my real card).

• dalton
    edited December 2017

Thanks for that additional information, @iwazaru! I've gone ahead and noted this information in our internal tracker so that the development team can investigate it further.

ref: opxi-40

• andebor
    andebor
    Community Member

Any knews on this issue? Still issues with month/year on Klarna credit card forms.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @andebor ,
    This is an old discussion from 2017 and a lot has changed since. Autofilling credit card details usually works well in websites that comply with autofilling standards. I checked Klarna but it got me to various different online stores (such as lulu.com and hot topic), each one of them had a different payment form - some worked properly when I autofilled my credit card and some didn't.

Rest assured we're always working on improving 1Password's ability to autofill, even in websites that have non-standard forms :)

This discussion has been closed.