1Password iPad unresponsive, categories flickering, can't see my data - Dropbox problem?

whitedb
whitedb
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

1Password on my iPad is not responding. The categories side bar is flickering/fading in and out and I cannot open any entries and access my data. If I leave the app open it then crashes after a minute. Occasionally, it responds and I can see my logins but it then freezes again. It appears to be syncing permanently. I logged in via my Mac version where I can get to the data but there seems to be some flickering there as well. I rebooted my iPad but the problem persists. The problem started today.

I sync via dropbox and dropbox is reporting some unusual activity with 1Password writing files several times a minute. I believe I have the latest versions
Mac 1Password 6
Version 6.7.1 (671001)
AgileBits Store

The iPad is on 6.7.1 as well.

Suggestions are very welcome!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• whitedb
    whitedb
    Community Member

Slight update: I am having exactly the same problem with 1Password on my iPhone as well, the display is flickering and I cannot access my data. The iPhone shows as permanently syncing. If I disable syncing then I can get to the local data and see my passwords.

My daughter, who syncs via iCloud, has no problem so it looks to me as if there is problem with 1Password and dropbox. Again, as soon as I opened 1Password on my phone, files started to be changed on dropbox.

Is this something to do with the changes to dropbox?

• Hi @whitedb,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We have a fairly comprehensive guide on troubleshooting issues when syncing via Dropbox. That guide is available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

Please run through that and let me know how it turns out. If that doesn't resolve the problem we may need to get you switched over to another sync method.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.